I love this recipe because it is super simple with just 2 (3) ingredients and the potential for so many variations, be it savoury or sweet. There is no hard and fast rule with the toppings and volumes are approximate so feel free to add a little more or less depending how you like it!
1 cup full fat Greek Yoghurt
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour PLUS additional 1/2 cup SR or plain
1/2 cup pesto, homemade OR store-bought
3-4 rashes bacon, diced or prosciutto, torn
1 cup grated cheddar, or cheese of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place yoghurt and self-raising flour in mixing bowl and slowly mix with a dough hook until combined.
3. Dough will still be very sticky so slowly add the additional flour until it appears more dough-like. Turn out onto a floured board or bench and knead, adding flour as necessary. Knead for 3-4 minutes then roll out and shape into rectangle, approximately 1/2 cm thick and the shape and size of a lamington tray.
4. Spread dough with pesto, sprinkle with bacon and half the cheese.
5. Carefully roll tightly, starting from the short side. Once rolled into a log, use a sharp knife to cut into 1cm thick slices. Flatten slightly and place on baking paper lined tray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or place in lunchboxes for a yummy snack. Can also be frozen and consumed at a later date.