Makes: 1 loaf, 10 slices
2 cups quinoa flakes
½ cup almond meal
½ cup LSA (can substitute for an additional ½ cup almond meal)
2 tsp cinnamon
½ cup walnuts (optional), chopped + additional for topping
6 medjool dates, finely chopped (or ½ dried fruit of your choice)
1 x 300g bag Nourishing Bubs Pear & Plum Puree blocks
2 tsp baking powder
¼ cup maple syrup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
Poached pears to decorate (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Combine all dry ingredients, except dates and walnuts in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Place all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
4. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Finally stir through dates and walnuts.
6. Pour into loaf tin and decorate with pears and a sprinkling of chopped walnuts (if you desire).
7. Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Slice.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately as is, or with a spread of spiced ricotta (see recipe). Store in an airtight container for 3 days. Pre-cut slices can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.
500g full fat ricotta
2 tbsp honey / maple syrup
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Beat until combined and soft peaks form.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve with breads, loaves, as icing or with fresh fruit. Store in refrigerator for up to a week.