- 500g Chicken Breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1/2 C coconut flour, or other flour
- 1 C shredded coconut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
Almond dipping sauce
- 1/3 C Almond butter (can be substituted with peanut butter)
- 1/4 C Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar/honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 C-1/2 C filtered water
1. Place flour, seasoned with salt in one bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl and coconut in a 3rd bowl.
2. Dip strips into flour until well coated, then the egg mixture and finally the coconut, ensuring each strip is well coated. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Heat large frypan over medium heat and add coconut oil. Cook chicken in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
4. Combine all dipping sauce ingredients except filtered water. Add gradually until sauce reaches honey type consistency.
5. Serve Coconut Chicken Fingers with almond dipping sauce.