from Wholesome Child by Mandy Sacher
1 cup (180g) zucchini, grated
½ cup (125g) sweet potato steamed and pureed or 5 Nourishing Bubs Sweet Potato blocks
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup (50g) coconut sugar
1/3 cup (80mls) maple syrup
1/3 cup (80mls) coconut oil, melted
1 cup (160g) brown rice flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbs cacao powder
1 tbs carob powder
1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
pinch sea salt
1/3 cup (35g) dark chocolate buds (optional)
High-speed food processor
1. Preheat the over to 180 degrees C
2. Place the zucchini in a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove excess water.
3. Place the zucchini, sweet potato, egg, banana, coconut sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil in a processor and process at a high speed.
4. Add the rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, cacao powder, carob powder, vanilla extract or powder and sea salt. Process at a high speed until smooth consistency is reached
5. Gently fold in the chocolate chips by hand
6. To make mini muffins, use mini paper inserts and add 1-2 tbs of batter per muffin and cook for 30-35 mins or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Serving and storing leftovers:
Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 4 months.